78 NSU STUDENT HANDBOOK 2023-24 3.4.3. Partial informal resolution may be reached where the respondent admits to the misconduct but does not accept the proposed conduct sanctions. When this occurs, the process moves to formal resolution with the hearing being limited to the question of appropriate conduct sanctions. This must be documented in writing and signed by the respondent and the Student Conduct Officer. In matters involving allegations of Human Rights violations, the complainant must also agree in writing to this partial informal resolution. 3.4.4. Informal resolution shall be final and the parties who agreed in writing to informal resolution waive any right to appeal otherwise available under Board Policy 3:4. 3.4.5. The Student Conduct Officer’s involvement in attempting to informally resolve the allegation of misconduct does not impact the Student Conduct Officer’s ability to later serve as the Student Conduct Panel or a member thereof in the formal resolution process. 3.4.6. Informal resolution may be reached at any time before the Chair issues any findings, conclusions, and, when a violation is found, conduct sanctions it determines to be appropriate through the Formal Resolution process. If an informal resolution is reached, the Student Conduct Officer shall prepare written findings and conclusions, and any sanctions resulting from a violation during the informal resolution process. If the complaint included more than one allegation of misconduct, each allegation must have a separate decision. 3.5. Formal Resolution 3.5.1. If the alleged misconduct is not fully resolved through informal resolution, any unresolved matter proceeds to a hearing. 3.5.2. The composition of the Student Conduct Panel shall be determined as follows: For matters where the Student Conduct Officer serves as Chair of the Student Conduct Panel, the Student Conduct Officer shall have sole discretion regarding whether the Student Conduct Panel includes: Option 1 – only the Student Conduct Officer; or Option 2 – the Student Conduct Officer and any institutional employee or employees or independent contractor authorized by the Senior Student Affairs Officer to determine whether a student has violated the Student Code and to recommend imposition of conduct sanctions, For matters involving allegations of Academic Misconduct, the Student Conduct Panel must include at least one faculty member or academic administrator appointed by the Provost in the form described in Option 2 above. Both the Complainant and the respondent will be provided notice of the identity of the member(s) of the Student Conduct Panel. Both parties may request in writing (and must include supporting information) that (i) the Student Conduct Panel include additional members (Option 2), and/or (ii) a Student Conduct Panel member be replaced due to an actual or reasonably perceived conflict of interest. Such requests must be submitted, in writing to the Senior Student Affairs Officer no later than twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is provided to the party. The Senior Student Affairs Officer shall make a final decision as to these requests and will provide notice to both parties of the decision.